Thursday, August 11, 2016

Custom Pet Portrait In Time For The Holidays


Your Pet In Oil



These are just a few of the pets I have painted over the years. It is one of my favorite things to do. I have been an animal lover my whole life and was fourteen before I was able to talk my Mom into getting me my first dog. I have had several since then as well as a cat, hamsters, guinea pigs, turtles, fish, etc. So when I paint your pet, I look to find their spirit in the photos you send and as the painting develops, I find that it is like having them in my studio and it is such a delight. I do hold my breath a little until I hear back from you that you are delighted and that my efforts to capture your sweet pet have been successful. I am so grateful to all my collectors who have entrusted me to paint their pet or one of a loved one!

The process begins when you send me your favorite photos. Photos taken outside are best. It is good to send several and decide if you just want a portrait of the face or more of a full body pose. We decide on a size and then you send half as a deposit. I get started and when I am finished, I send you a photo of the painting. When you are thrilled with the results and it is dry enough to ship, you send the balance. The turnaround is anywhere from a month to six weeks depending on how many commissions I am working on. I named this post about being in time for the holidays so we can have plenty of time to have things ready! Contact me at normasfineart@gmail.com to get started on immortalize  your furry friend in oil!

No comments: