Sunday, November 26, 2006

Chincoteague Wild Horse


Today's post is a special one to me. Since I was a little girl I have had a special love of horses. I lived in a little row house in Philadelphia surrounded by concrete so having one of my own was not possible although I did dream we made a stable out of our one car garage once. I read every book I could get my hands on and watched all the movies and have gotten to ride on many vacations I've been on. This past September I to Chincoteague with fellow artists to paint on the island and was priveledged to see the beautiful wild horses grazing in the marsh. They moved closer to us all day as we painted and I was able to get some photographs of them with my zoom lens. This beauty was my favorite with a purplish brown coat and light beige mane. I hope to return there in the spring to see these beauties again. If you are interested in this piece it will be on auction this week in my store on eBay.
SOLD

No comments: