Thursday, September 06, 2007

Norma Wilson Original Oil Brown Cow With White Spot Art


Today's post is a 12 by 12 original oil portrait of a sweet brown and white cow. I love how the orange reddish highlights in the fur contrast with the green background. It is currently on auction on eBay and can be reached by clicking on my eBay store link. I am off to Chincoteague tomorrow to paint with my friends. It is the third year of doing this and it is always a great weekend. We saw the wild ponies of Chincoteague up close last year and I was inspired to paint them when I returned. One sold to a soldier in Afghanastan who was buying it for his wife's birthday. They owned the horses's son! They had purchased the pony as one of the annual roundups of the island's horses. They even knew his name. I will be looking for "surfer dude" again this year. Hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments: