Sunday, December 02, 2007

Norma Wilson Original Oil Irish White Cow Hereford Art


6" by 6" original oil on gallery wrap


Hope you all had a great weekend. They sure pass by so quickly. For the first time ever, I got my tree up and decorated before December 1st! The tradition growing up in my family was to decorate the Christmas tree on Christmas Eve. I LOVED doing it that way as it seemed to make sense when all the Christmas presents had been purchased and wrapped to begin the celebration of Christmas by adorning the tree and setting up the train set while listening to holiday music or watching an old movie. For many years I resisted doing it much earlier but have given in to the way the world works these days, I guess. We barely have time to experience Halloween when the stores begin advertising Christmas. Many people have their trees and outdoor lights up on Thanksgiving weekend and you see the trees out in the street only days after Christmas is over! We used to celebrate the twelve days of Christmas....like a season of celebrations and time to go visit all the relatives and see their trees. I remember keeping our tree up until about the 5th or 6th of January. Well, enough of that trip down memory lane. The tree is up and I had a wonderful time putting it up with my friend Lena, her husband, Ron, and brother Johnny who have helped me celebrate this way for the past few years. I went back to putting old fashioned tinsel on the tree instead of garland and it really looks pretty. I am looking forward to a new week in my studio of pet portraits and new pieces for my store on eBay. If you have anything you'd like to see....I'd love to hear from you! Click to Bid!

No comments: