Thursday, May 15, 2008

Norma Wilson Original Oil Pink Flamingo Bird Art


Tonight's post is a 14" by 18" original oil on wrap around canvas with sides painted.


What a gorgeous day it was today here in Virginia. I reworked the background on this flamingo to reflect how I felt today......downright tropical! I spent the afternoon in my new studio getting caught up on paperwork but also got in a nice walk around Portsmouth and enjoyed spending time with fellow artists. Some were working on portraits others on tropical fish and another on a tribute to Native Americans for our upcoming "Freedom" themed show. Great fun!


I came home to a dinner I had set up in the crock pot. I have usually been disappointed with my crock pot attempts but this was delicous. I put cube steak with sliced onions, green peppers, canned chopped tomoatoes, and monterey steak spice into it on low all day. It is so nice to come home to the smell of something cooking! If anyone has a good crock pot recipe....I'd love to hear about it!!!! Ideas for future subject matter for my paintings is great also! Have a super Friday.
Click to Bid!

No comments: