Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Red Robin Looking Proud


Red Robin Looking Proud

8" by 8" original oil on wrap around canvas with sides painted.
If I can stop one Heart from breaking I shall not live in vain If I can ease one life the Aching Or cool one Pain Or help one fainting Robin Unto his Nest again I shall not live in Vain
Emily Dickensen

I thought this was a beautiful quote about one of my favorite birds! Who can resist their red breasts and great energy that welcome spring with their song?

I worked on this piece using both brush and palette knife. I love how the grays in the background help accent the robin and all his bright color!


Today was spent doing one of my favorite things....painting all day in my studio! I am celebrating spring with paintings of birds and will be posting a sea gull tomorrow as summer is coming soon! I am meeting a good friend for dinner tonight and shopping for something to wear to my son's graduationt his weekend. He had his last exam today so he has successfully finished all his work! Next year is my youngest son's last year in high school so his time is not too far behind.

This painting is available at Gallery 5800 in Richmond on Grove Avenue!

No comments: