Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Standing By Mom


Standing By Mom

12" by 12" original oil on wrap around canvas with sides painted.

This piece is a calf which was standing by her Mom in a field in Blacksburg, Virginia. My son, Sean, who is living up there since graduating from Virginia Tech took a photograph of this little calf that I used it for inspiration. I liked her black spot circling her eye...it reminds me of the dog in Spanky and Our Gang. I am dating myself again. It was a Jack Russell terrier, I believe. I may add a couple of touches to it tomorrow. I have been having fun with Jet and Patrick since he moved home a few days ago and have not been in the studio in a few days. Today Pat filled a baby pool and he was having a great time jumping in and circling around so much that he would fall out of it! I tried taking video but my camera battery was low. I will try again tomorrow. I also worked on a large commission today and got in some new canvas and paint! All in all, a good day of work....and fun! If you are interested in this piece, e-mail me at normasart@cox.net.

No comments: