Friday, November 06, 2009

Norma Wilson Original Acrylic Sailboat Seascape Sunset Art


Setting Sail

9" by 12" acrylic on multi-media board

This little study was done while teaching at Harbor's Edge Retirement village. One of the ladies brought a post card that she had found that was from the 1920's. We didn't have any information on it so that is all I can tell you. It was black and white and quite different from what you see. There were people on the dock and in the boat which was moored and next to another boat. I imagined that they were loading up for their journey and getting ready to set sail. Mary, who brought the postcard, did her own version of the card and I did mine and it was so much fun! I worked in many layers which is different from the way I usually work in oil. I want to do more seascapes and landscapes now!
This piece is available for 49.00 plus 4.50 shipping and handling.






No comments: