Wednesday, July 21, 2010

                                  Beach Magic!

                                   6" by 6" original oil on canvas board

                        “Don't grow up too quickly, lest you forget how much you love the beach" 
                                                                                                                  -- Michelle Held
     We spotted this little girl on our trip to Savannah and took her picture so I could paint her. It is so
wonderful to relive the magic that children feel when they are at the beach and they spot a shell or a
sand crab or just get themselves full of sand while making sand castles or bury one another.  Perhaps
it is the intensity of the experience or the way they become immersed in the moment......

     I have been really getting paint all over me the last few days and quite a bit on canvas too!  It has
been fun painting from my inspiration while away and I also experimented a bit with new canvas board
that I got at Jerry's Artarama.  I really enjoyed working on the surface and I think they will look great framed or propped up on an easel.
      Have any of you ever heard of catfish noodling?  Just when you have heard everything....think again!  You have to watch this short video of how some people catch catfish!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOjA8Puh1BM  Guess there are lots of things for this yankee to learn yet!
 Hope you have a terrific day!   
For questions or more information on this piece, please contact me at normasart@cox.net.