Friday, February 17, 2012

#45 Beach Cruiser

Beach Cruiser
5" by 7'' original oil on panel
150.


"Jonathan Seagull discovered that boredom and fear and anger are the reasons that gull’s life is so short and with these gone from his thought, he lived a long fine life indeed."


Seagulls have become part of my daily life either seeing them on the beach or at my favorite Burger King where I have a chat with them while I eat my food telling them that they should be eating fresh sea food and then realizing that I should be too!  Have you ever wondered where sea gulls sleep?  I found out where!  At the end of my street on the beach.  They gather in a group of what seems like hundreds and huddle together.  They are there first thing in the morning.  I look up and down the beach and don't see them anywhere else so it must be a good spot to gather.  Here they are the other day.


 I photographed the gull above one day and had a lot of fun painting him today.  I painted again down at London Square Gallery with great music on and beautiful painting surrounding me by local artists and some from California and Mexico.  Hope you have a great relaxing weekend!



No comments: