Thursday, January 07, 2016

Lil' Sparrow Thirty Paintings In Thirty Days Day Six by Norma Wilson


Lil' Sparrow

© Norma Wilson, original oil on board 6" by 6

150.



It never ceases to amaze me how I can find the time to paint for hours each day and post a painting as well as all the other things I do in my life.  I really should be doing this all year long.  Or at least five days a week.  One thing that helps with a daily practice is to have a place set up and your paints and brushes ready to go. I also have printed out reference material that I put with a canvas as the ideas come so I will be ready to go to the next one.  Not unlike how it can feel huge to get out for a walk or bike ride, once the commitment is made, the exercise usually feels great! So, with this thirty paintings in thirty days, the commitment is there and painting every day is awesome.  :-)  This little bird was inspired by a photo taken by Maryann Connelly, who is a very talented photographer and gallery owner and she allowed me to use her photo.  If you are in Onancock, stop by and visit her gallery!

No comments: