Tuesday, May 03, 2016

Looking Back AND Looking Forward


Another Red Please!

© Norma Wilson, original oil on canvas 14" by 18"



Another Red Please is part of my series inspired by a trip to The Barns vineyard in northern Virginia.  It is available through Stravitz Fine Art Gallery in Virginia Beach. For more information or purchase, contact 757 305-9411.

For the past year, I have been working with my awesome coach, Lisa Call.  During that time, I have been exploring my values and expanding my vision of my life and art business. It has been an amazing journey of looking back AND looking forward. 

In January this coming year, it will be ten years since I wrote and shared my first blog post and began my journey of online art sales.  My first post began very unceremoniously with a few lines and absolutely no introduction to who I was or what my blog was all about.  I just knew everyone needed a blog.  I still cringe when I write the word. What a weird name! No wonder I didn't know what to do with it. I have to admit that I am still searching for a direction and will be focusing more on that in my year long masterclass which began in March.  It combines coaching with a group of artists with varying mediums, all working to grow their businesses. We began the year with our top three goals which is new for me to narrow down to three goals and then to learn to break that down into monthly goals, weekly, and daily. Then, we can choose to share them with the group which adds great accountability. 

Ten years ago, I wrote that first post in my room over the garage on a computer that I barely knew how to use, spending hours searching, poking around any site I could find on online art sales, not knowing the how as much as being determined that somehow I could figure it out. During that time I sold over 1,000 paintings and have learned so much. 

Now, looking ahead, I know that there is still so much more to learn and I am excited to do just that. I would love to continue to share that journey with you and catch up on all the paintings I have been working on. Check back with me on Thursday when I will share some of the changes I have already made with my class!  Thanks so much for stopping by. 



2 comments:

Adele Castillo Art said...

I am so tickled to see how you have grown so much as an artist. I remember you when we met about 20+ years ago....you have indeed morphed into quite the business woman and fabulous artrepeneur. You are inspiring.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Adele! I loved taking your class at SOFA and love your wonderful work!