Tuesday, August 09, 2016

The Importance Of Tracking Your Art!


Real Rockin' Rooster

© Norma Wilson, original oil on canvas 6" by 6"



For years I was a fly by the seat of my paints artist. Well, how did that work for me? It wasn't pretty. Lots of crashing and having to dust myself off. I have painted ALOT of paintings. For several years I painted one a day, even on Thanksgiving and Christmas. Pretty extreme, huh? Actually it was a really great practice and just what I needed at the time. I would love to have a record of every painting I have ever created, sold, and of every collector. But alas, after many computer crashes, and photo programs, that did not happen. Until this year... I decided enough was enough and began using Artwork Archive to record everything. I can now pull up my program and key in a gallery and print out all of the paintings I am planning on delivering to that location. Very professional. All the important statistics like size, price, medium, etc. When a piece sells, that gets recorded and collector information as well. What a concept. This program has a yearly cost but it well worth it! There are many good programs out there and for those who are computer savvy, you can use free software that comes with your PC or Mac. Just don't do as I did. Use something! You will be glad you did as it saves so much time and galleries love it. Very professional. Oh, and most software programs give you a free trial so you can see what features you like and decide what it the best fit. Happy Painting!






No comments: