Monday, July 23, 2007

Molly and Daisy On The Beach


Today was another fun day taking care of my new "grandpuppy". My son returns from his mini vacation tomorrow and I will be relieved of my duty. I have VERY mixed feelings about this! He is so adorable!!! There hasn't been a whole lot of painting goin' on however! It really is like having a baby in the house again. I worked on a 16 by 16 cow this evening and ended up wiping most of it off which I rarely do but just kept thinking he would be waking up from his nap any minute! So, in lieu of posting my daily painting, I have decided to post a pastel commission I did this past year. It is not for sale but is a great example of the pet portraits I do in soft pastel from photographs that clients send me. I have occasionally taken the pictures myself from people who live nearby but this couple had their "girls" at their favorite place....the beach and wanted me to paint them in that setting. I was really happy with this piece and they were too. I have painted two more of their parents dogs. If you have any questions about having a portrait done of one of your special pets, please contact me at nswilsonandco@cox.net or call me at 757 729-4136. Have a great evening!

No comments: