Thursday, April 24, 2008

Norma Wilson Original Oil Yorkie "Katie" Dog Portrait


11" by 14" original oil on wrap around canvas with sides painted. This piece is not for sale but was commissioned by a lady who loves coming home to this face every day. In fact, Katie, likes to go with her owner on outings and is very well behaved.


I spent most of my day in my studio working on this piece and also getting ready for this weekend's show at Jerry's Artarama on Providence Road in Virginia Beach. It begins on Saturday at 10:00 and runs until 6:30. I will be doing demonstrations which I have grown to enjoy. I used to feel pretty self conscious but after painting daily now for about a year and a half, I pretty much go on auto pilot and become absorbed in the process.


It looks like it will be a nice weekend. I am going to be inside again but there will be tents in the parking lot. Hope to see you there! To see some of my paintings which are ending today, click on my eBay website!

No comments: