Sunday, June 29, 2008

Norma Wilson Original Oil Dalmation Dog Portrait Art



12" by 24" original oil on wrap around canvas with 3/4 inch sides painted. It is currently on auction on eBay.

As I sit here in my studio, I am listening to lightning in the distance. I love to hear it...brings back memories of my childhood listening to it as I lay in my bed after a long day of swimming and riding my bike and playing red light, green light in the street until all the Mom's would begin to call us home. 'Tis the season of fireflies and the ice cream man ringing his bell to the squeals of all the kids. Where I grew up in Philadelphia we loved water ice and Philadelphia pretzels. O.k. now I have to get a snack!

I really had fun with this painting. It kind of reminds me of my grandpuppy, Brewsky, only with white blotches on him! I have always loved dalmations, probably because of how fun they look and 101 Dalmations! For more information about having your special pet painted, you can e-mail me at normasart@cox.net. To see more pictures or to bid, please click here.

2 comments:

Deb Kirkeeide said...

Dalmations are fun aren't they? They are so graphic in their looks - I love the red background on this with the black and white dog. It appeals to the graphic artist in me! Fun portrait.

Deb Kirkeeide said...

Dalmations are fun aren't they? They are so graphic in their looks - I love the red background on this with the black and white dog. It appeals to the graphic artist in me! Fun portrait.