Sunday, October 26, 2008

Norma Wilson Original Oil White Valentia Cow On Red


White Valentia Cow On Red


12" by 12" original oil on wrap around canvas with 3/4 inch sides painted.


I first saw this cow in Valentia, Ireland on my artist's retreat. I have painted her before but not on the red background and I think it really showcases her strong profile. I am very pleased with it along with the color in her face. It has been a great weekend with a day spent in my front garden. My friend Lena, and I went to McDonald's nursery and picked out the shrubs and plants and spent the afternoon in the rain planting them. It was mostly a misting rain which actually was pretty good for the plants and kept things cooler for us. I ended up putting Dwarf Nandina, Knockout Roses, pansies, and rosemary in and behind an already existing row of Loriape...not sure if that is spelled correctly. We bought some bags of mulch too and it looks SO pretty. Today I added two potted plants on a pole and a garden flag.
Click to Bid!

No comments: