Monday, March 16, 2009

Two Penquins Kissing



Kissing Penquins
"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow."~ Melody Beattie ~
I loved this quote when I discovered it today. I had been feeling a bit down in the dumps and off kilter and decided that I needed to use my paintings, blog, and listings to begin to focus on gratutude, optimism, and hope. We are surrounded by stories of gloom and doom and people close to us may be going through tough times but we can always find something to smile about, someone to hug or kiss, or just share a smile or laugh. That is what I am going to be focusing on and hope you will check in with me and even share your thoughts on gratitude.
In my own life, I am SO blessed with three sons who I adore, a wonderful sister and brother-in-law, great nephews, a Mom who is still alive and well and keeping us all laughing, friends who have been by my side through all of lifes us and downs, work I love, pets to keep me entertained and who warm my heart, and so much more. I used to start my day thinking of these things as soon as my feet hit the floor but got out of the habit. It is when I forget these things that the stinkin thinkin comes creeping back in..... Really when you get right down to it....as long as you are breathing...there is hope! I feel better...hope you feel terrific and go fine someone or a treasured pet to hug or even hug your loved ones picture. I am sending a hug to you now for checking in with me! Have a wonderful day.


No comments: