Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Tea With Mom


Tea With Mom

6" by 6" original oil on gallery wrap canvas with 1 and 1/2 inch sides painted.

What a difference a day makes! Last night's painting efforts were pretty discouraging so I called a friend and asked if she wanted to go down to the beach today and go for a walk. We walked several miles and had a salad at an outdoor cafe and when I came home, I felt refreshed and ready to organize my studio and return to my easel with a better attitude. I really appreciate the comments and e-mails I received! Thanks for all the support!
I was going to paint a seagull that I photographed today but when I looked at last night's painting that I wiped off....there was a faint image left and I figured I would try painting it with a palette knife this time in a more loose style. It was really fun and I am pleased with the results. I am really liking the palette knife!!
I chose the name for this painting as I always think of growing up with my Irish born Mom and her love of tea. In Ireland, every time you return home from an outing, are taking a break from activities, getting up in the morning or going to bed at night....these are all an excuse to enjoy a cup of tea! She used to love to play tea party with me at these times with my little tea set and those are warm memories for me. So here's hoping you can take a nice break in your day and enjoy a spot of tea! :-)
This painting is available for 95.00 plus 4.50 shipping and handling. To purchase, click on the button below or e-mail me at normasart@cox.net.






No comments: