Friday, December 18, 2009

Norma Wilson Baltimore Oriole Bird Painting Art


Baltimore Oriole Bird

6" by 6" original oil on gallery wrap canvas with sides painted.

Sing hey! Sing hey!
For Christmas Day;
Twine mistletoe and holly.
For a friendship glows
In winter snows,
And so let's all be jolly!
--Author Unknown

I decided to blog in the morning as I seem to be painting later and later and have no words at the end of the evening! This year I find myself less stressed and feeling less compelled to "make" a Christmas experience for everyone. Instead I am focusing on each day and each moment as it comes and just enjoying my family. I feel so grateful for so many things and I am choosing to focus on those things rather than unrealistic expectations that have whirled around my head in Christmases past. I am grateful for all of you who keep me painting at my easel and share your life and have included my paintings in your gift giving. It gives great purpose to my days and such joy!
If you live along the east coast you might be seeing some snow this holiday season....hope you can stay inside a bit and enjoy some hot chocolate and a warm fire. I was watching Elf the other night and the part where he is chatting with the snowman and the large snowflakes were falling. It reminded me of when I was a child and the snow flakes would pile up on the metal part of our storm door. You could look at each individual snow flake and see how unique each was and how beautiful. I don't think I have had that experience since! I found myself wanting to make paper snow flakes to celebrate the miracle of snow! Wonder if I could find a picture of a snow flake and paint one??? Well, it looks like I have more words in the morning. Have a wonderful Friday!

If you have any questions about his painting or about any of my available paintings, please contact me at normasart@cox.net.

No comments: