Monday, July 26, 2010

Classic Farm Tractor


6" by 6" original oil on artist panel board

This old Farmall  tractor was sitting on the side of the road in South Carolina.These old tractors were the workhorses of American farming and have become an American icon.  I loved the light surrounding it and had a ball painting it with a palette knife with a few touches with a brush. I had a busy day in my 
studio today and actually finished two others which I will be posting in the next couple of days.  
Here is a link to a video showing the versatility of tractors in the hands of imaginative people!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzMihX8WHj0.

                          For more information on this piece, please contact me at normasart@cox.net.

2 comments:

Roxanne Steed said...

OMG! This one's a charmer!!! Goes thematically with your cows, too!!! so cool! :-)

Unknown said...

Thanks Roxanne! Gotta love those palette knives!