Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Dawn Dude.....Wake Up!!!

Dawn Dude....Wake Up!!!

12" by 12" original oil on wrap around canvas with painted sides.

 Thank you to all my readers and collectors who sent in name.  I just had my son, Andrew pull a name out of a hat....o.k....it was a bowl. I
I could not decide and I am keeping the bowl of names for future roosters which I love to paint.  I think I will ask for help once a week
as I usually have at least one painting a week that I have no clue what to name.  Anyway, thanks Sharon, Kass, Brenda, Sean,  Tracey for the
great suggestions!
I love painting roosters since my trip to Ireland a few years ago.  My cousin took me to a friend's farm who had oodles of animals and birds and his children had a great time following me around as we photographed some of the critters for future paintings.  I found the roosters to be hysterical little characters and if you have never had a chance to observe them up close, I highly recommend it!  I found this video on youtube that I think gives you an insight into what I am talking about!  Enjoy!  

2 comments:

Dianne said...

I love it...but I'm stumped on a name too...

Unknown said...

Thank you Diane! Got quite a few suggestions and I think I am going to draw one from a hat!