Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Beach Dreams

Beach Dreams
8" by 8" original oil on canvas and framed
See painting in frame below..


"One learns first of all in beach living the art of shedding; how little one can get along with, not how much."
- Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Some of my best memories growing up was our yearly trip to Wildwood, New Jersey and we would usually rent a little efficiency apartment and take enough food for the week.  I never remember eating out when we where there!  We spent the days at the ocean and at night my Dad and I would go to the boardwalk and go on the rides and eat cotton candy and just have fun together.  My Mom was probably exhausted from cooking!  Anyway, this quote struck a cord because it was such a simple experience.  A couple of small suitcases and all the fun came from the ocean, the sea air, and time spent together.  My Dad and I liked the pretty tame rides and the Pirate Ship!  Since that time we always lived near the beach as a military family.  Where I live now is a thirty minute drive and now that my nest is empty most of the year, I am going to move within walking distance of the ocean and be able to walk on the beach and enjoy some of that sea air.  That is why I have not been posting as often and this piece is one of my favorites that has been posted before.  I have been purging, putting my house on the rental market, and whipping my house into shape!  So bear with me for a bit while I get my bearings and have an idea of my time frame.  Then I will be able to focus again on painting.  I also want to remind everyone that my special discount for collectors and subscribers of 20% ends this Sunday!  Don't miss out on this!  Have a great day!

Oh, this painting was inspired by a trip to Virginia Beach when my dream of living by the ocean began to really take hold earlier this year.  This spot was up on the North End of the oceanfront.




No comments: