Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Gully


                                                                        Gully


11 by 14 on archival mat board

Contact me if you are interested in this piece.

More fun with acrylics and crayons!  I worked this fellow over the course of two days.  The first session ended up in frustration which led to finger painting.  Looking at it now, it is hard to tell how wild it looked for awhile.
It sat and dried and when I picked up the brushes today the fun began.  I named him Gully cause it seems like the right name.  I finished my commission today which is a 16 by 20 cow for over the mantel!  I am very excited to be included into the show at London Square Gallery this coming Friday night from 6 to 9.  I have several pieces in the show.  I hope you will come out and see them if you live nearby!  


                                                             
Yesterday I took a walk along the beach and took a couple of hundred photos of dogs enjoying the surf and sea gulls and sandpipers.  The light was great at the end of the day and I felt like a fashion photographer
catching all the possible angles of the gulls who were prancing around and seemed to be enjoying the attention!  Can't wait to try out some new possibilities.  Might even try some oil pastels on my next oil.  Have an awesome Wednesday!  Thanks for stopping by to check in on me.

No comments: