Friday, November 11, 2011

New Dawn




New Dawn
11 by 14 original mixed media on mat board 
and is custom framed.

This painting is for sale through London Square Gallery.
For purchase information contact the gallery at 440-0269

"There is a vitality, a life-force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and be lost."   Martha Graham
I found this quote today on the calendar at yoga class and loved it.  Thought you might too! 
I had such fun today playing with acrylics and crayons!!  I was inspired by a fellow daily painter, Robert Joyner who works in acrylic and mixed media such as crayon and sharpies.  I decided to give it a try on some mat board I had in the studio and some crayons....a brand new box that has been sitting around for years.  I tried to work much more abstractly like he does and went down to have my dinner pretty disappointed.  I had forgotten how different acrylic looks when it has dried and when I came back I continued to work on it using the loose brush work and lost edges to my advantage and made it my own. It is so exciting to try something new and feel like a kid again!  I will be back in my studio tomorrow finishing up a commission and playing with crayons again!  Have a terrific weekend!



No comments: