Friday, January 27, 2012

Sea Horse



#25 Sea Horse
6" by 6" original oil on panel
150.


I imagine this horse patiently waiting at a cantina on the beach in Mexico while his owner is cooling off inside and visiting with the other locals, and a few tourists who stopped to give this sweet mare a pat on the back...or did you imagine something else?  I'd love to hear.  I am having fun painting my animal subjects on the beach since my move to the oceanfront area of Virginia Beach.  I am really having fun with my commitment to posting a painting daily.  It is helping me to stretch myself and to explore different subjects!  If you are a numbers kind of person and are very observant...both of which I  am not, you may have seen that some days I have not remembered to number my painting and when I
have gone back to fix them...I double numbered one painting SO when I finish this post I am going to attempt to fix the error of my ways.  I have a feeling this may be an ongoing struggle.  I suppose a solution is to not number and you could just take my word for it but since I started....oy.  Have a wonderful weekend!!!  I will be here!

1 comment:

Jerry Stocks said...

What a sweet dear horse. It reminds me of the marsh tackys we have in the lowcountry. Lovely painting!!!