Saturday, July 14, 2012

Sunflower Rhapsody!


Sunflower Rhapsody!
12" by 16" original oil on canvas
395.


Didn't quite finish the last highlights yesterday so I wait until today to post it.  I really had fun with this one and painted it very slowly and deliberately which helped to keep my brushwork fresh!  I do love sunflowers!  Hope you like this one too!  I always welcome comments!  Hope your weekend is going well.  I stayed in most of the day with my dog, Bailee, and grand puppy Jet at my side.  He came for a sleepover and brought his giant bed.  It has been difficult for him to sleep in his own bed because little Bailee is lounging in the middle of it, convinced that she is entitled to sleep in it.  Why do little dogs think that way?  I also worked on a beach scene today that I will post tomorrow.  Take care and thanks for stopping by!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is quite a successful painting. There is something so beautiful in the flowers you've captured...it's in the strokes, the colour tones are so warm.....I love it!

Thanks for sharing...it's been too long since I've worked on a painting....I should get On that! So much one can do...so little time to do it all in!


Ciao Bella
Creative Carmelina

Unknown said...

Thank you Carmelina! I am so happy you stopped by to visit. Hope your summer is going well. I always enjoy visiting your blog and seeing what you are doing!

Candy Barr said...

Your "fowl" series are lovely, but this is a GOOD painting.. interesting composition, values and brush work esp with flowers! Nice!