Monday, August 22, 2016

Taking Time Off From Your Studio



Wait For Me!!

© Norma Wilson, original oil on canvas 18" by 24"




For me, taking time away from my studio and any thoughts of prepping for classes, marketing, sending emails, filing receipts, shopping for supplies, shipping paintings, etc. is a challenge. When things are hopping, putting time in seems imperative, and when things are slow....even more so. That is when you have to step up marketing efforts, organize your studio, find new avenues for getting your work out there etc. So how do you balance life as an artist and having a life beyond your business? I'd love to hear from fellow artists or anyone self employed on how you manage to take
time off. For years, I had a studio that was in a public space which was helpful to separate my work
from my home life. The flip side was that there were many distractions that come with having my space open to the public and fellow artists. Now I have the convenience of a home studio that beckons to me every time I pass it. :-) For today, since I worked all weekend, I have decided to blog,
and do a few business related emails and calls and then take the rest of the day off. Which will include laundry, cleaning my house, and a nice walk with Bailee around my neighborhood! 

No comments: