Monday, December 11, 2006

Irish Black and White Dairy Cow



I never tire of doing these portraits! Every face is so unique and so full of personality. This one seems to be a very feminine and a bit of a party girl. I painted her on 5 by 7 primed masonite board and did a base painting in acrylic painting and then went over the whole painting in oil. I have been enjoying this way of doing it lately as it seems to set up the whole painting and then the oil is like the icing on the cake. Some of the brighter green acrylic shows through the oil giving it nice depth. I think tomorrow might be another cow day....a bigger one. It is late......I must get some sleep as tomorrow is a big painting day with pastel pet portrait commissions to finish and several pieces for eBay. Nite.
SOLD

No comments: