Monday, April 30, 2007

Peaches and Cream Cow


Peaches and Cream Cow flew off my brushes last night and a little more today and has a very soft feel to it. I am pleased with how it turned out and continue to enjoy the process of letting each cow speak to me and unfold almost as a mystery does as all the pieces come together....not quite knowing where the pieces of the puzzle will lead... It is truly a blessing to spend my days working as an artist. It is not without frustrations and interruptions, and paint on the carpet, and dogs dragging oil soaked paper towels everywhere....but I still wouldn't trade it for any other job. It has been about a year and a half since I began to learn how to paint in oil. I had mostly worked in soft pastel and some acrylic but after some 300 plus paintings this past year....it is hard to imagine NOT working with oils. I am still discovering what they will do....ALOT! You can layer with many thin layers and glazes and load it on the canvas creating hills and valleys of texure! The best part is the mushing together of colors that create unexpected effects that make you delerious with delight. If you are not already an artist or oil painter....go for it! It is definitely worth trying and don't be discouraged....it just takes time like so many things and you will love it.

This piece is a 12 by 12 on canvas and can be reached by clicking on my eBay store link. Have a great day! Norma SOLD

No comments: