Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Black and White Irish Cow



12" by 12" on wrap around canvas with sides painted.


Well, Andrew just had his first time out driving alone as a licenced driver. I did pretty well but did breathe a bit easier when I heard him come through the door! He drove to soccer practice and went through Wendy's on the way home. I still remember my first time out on my own...such a thrilling sense of freedom. Somewhere along the way I lost the thrill of driving. My boys like that because I often let them do the driving when we are together. It was another busy day of painting and correspondence and running errands. I worked on two other pieces that I will be posting tomorrow night. I have been very drawn to the beach as a subject lately...must be since I have not been yet this year. That is a crime when you think about it. I only live 25 miles from it! My brushes are calling to me to be cleaned and put away. Till we meet again, I will leave you with this thought!

"Don't waste your life in doubts and fears: spend yourself on the work before you, well assured that the right performance of this hour's duties will be the best preparation for the hours or ages that follow it." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Click to Bid!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

I was going through the Daily Painters Movement website and clicked to see your blog. I'm glad I did.
This cow is wonderful.
The quote is especially meaningful, too. It is such a challenge to stay on track, but not impossible, especially when trying to paint every day! Yes, just paint whatever is nearest.