Sunday, May 10, 2009

Plump Little English Robin


Plump Little English Robin

6" by 6" original oil on gallery wrap canvas with 1 and a half inch sides painted.
Making a decision to have a child--it's momentous. It is to decide
forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.
Inspirational Quotes on Mothers Day by: Elizabeth Stone

I loved this quote and feel that it sums up the feeling that came over me when I first held my newborn son.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mother's out there! I have had a lovely day with my youngest son and his girlfriend who just bought us Chinese food and spoke to my other boys and sister and Mom. My son told me that Mother's Day has only been around since 1949 when Woodrow Wilson made it a holiday. I really thought it was much older than that! I also worked on finishing up this little bird that I started yesterday. I think he is kind of cute with an element of whimsy. He makes me smile. Hope he makes you smile too.
This painting is sold. I do however, do commissions on request.

1 comment:

Roxanne Steed said...

This little bird is soo beautiful!