Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Norma Wilson Original Oil Bird Painting Aviary Art


Purple Martin

6" by 6" original oil on wrap around canvas with sides painted.

Still swooning from my WONDERFUL birthday but managed to get a couple of paintings finished and feel my painting slump easing up a bit. I have been getting more requests for birds so I painted my first purple martin. You know I love color so this one fit the bill. I also love them because they eat one of my least favorite insects....the mosquito! We sure get a bunch of them here in Chesapeake and our trips to the Outer Banks always have really pretty purple martin houses for sale along the side of the road.
I will be finishing those sunflowers....they died while I was away and I am going to get a new bunch to paint and to share with my painting class at Harbor's Edge this Friday. Hope your week is off to a great start! Thanks for still checking in with me even though I have not been posting as often!

No comments: