Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Little Cow's On The Prairie



12" by 12" original oil on wrap around canvas with sides painted
Contact me at normasart@cox.net if you are interested in this painting.

So Pa sold the little house. He sold the cow and calf. He made hickory bows and fastened them upright to the wagon box. Ma helped him stretch white canvas over them.
Laura Ingalls Wilder


   I found this quote on brainy quotes and it gave me the idea for the title.  I LOVED the series of books

Little House On The Prairie.    I was also struck by the fact that they made those wagons with hickory bows and stretched canvas!  Wonder who was the first to start painting on canvas...   I am slowly getting used to my new studio and finding where I put things.  I have been enjoying having the windows open and love the ocean breeze.  It has been like summer the last few days.  There are still people on the beach every day.  I love to see the dogs with their owners chasing sticks into the surf.  I plan to work on some beach paintings tomorrow.  Have a wonderful Wednesday!





Please contact me if you are interested in this painting at normasart@cox.net.







No comments: