Sunday, May 13, 2012

#132 Tulip Rhapsody!

#132  Tulip Rhapsody!
6" by 6" original oil on panel
150.


Hope you all had a lovely Mother's Day!  I spent the morning having brunch with two of my sons who live in the area at Rockefeller's on Rudee Inlet.  We ate outside and watched the activities on the dock.  Even watched as my camera lens cap floated down into the water.  Oops.  I wasn't allowed to hold my camera or my phone for that matter after that.  We came home and I took a Mother's Day power nap and then began painting.  This flower is from my friend, Barbara Lively Mastaglio's garden down in Norfolk. I love the rich colors of these tulips and the new transparent colors helped capture it in oil.  Here are a couple of pictures from my morning that I wanted to share with you.  Miss Bailee's new hairdo is the first.

She wanted to go to brunch but had to stay home. :-(

The view at Brunch...should have included the water!

We all agreed this looked like a pretty fun place to live!
"Sleepless In Virginia Beach!"

Have a wonderful Monday!  I am committing here to go to yoga tomorrow! One day at a time and I will build the habit! :-)



No comments: