Tuesday, May 22, 2012

#142 Captivating

#142  Captivating
9" by 12" original oil on 3" deep gallery wrap
295.


What's not to love about a sea gull walking along the beach basking in the sunlight totally immersed in the moment?  They are associated with all my childhood and adult memories of times at the beach and if you take the time to really check them out...they are so very different from one another.  Each has its own markings and colorings and they come in all shapes and sizes.  I worked on him while painting with my friend Scott who runs London Square Gallery in Norfolk.  He was working on a heron and we listened to some awesome music while we painted.  Tomorrow I will be painting with Adele and Claudia in my studio and we will be working on a still life set up with either hydrangeas or shasta daisies.  More fun to come.  Hope you will check in a gain and see what we create!  



1 comment:

Claudia Finn said...

This is a perfect gull painting I love the way his personality is conveyed here!!!