Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Curious Cow Approaches


12" by 12" original oil on wrap around canvas with sides painted.


Never kick a cow chip on a hot day. ~Proverb


This proverb made me giggle when I remembered my first visit to Ireland to visit with family when I was twelve years old. I was very much the city girl from Philadelphia. Communing with nature was feeding the pigeons outside my row house. I was so enchanted to follow my cousins through the wide open fields running and exploring and standing on the many rocks in the field and even hopping from one to another. My cousin had a look of mischief in his eyes and soon on one of those leaps, I felt my shoe mush into the "rock"....which wasn't a rock at all but a cow pattie. There was much laughter all around but I found myself being a bit more cautious after that! Apparently the farmers don't scoop up after the cows! Here's wishing you a week where you are able to avoid all the "patties". ;-)
Click to Bid!

No comments: