Sunday, April 05, 2009

Norma Wilson Original Oil Floral Bouquet Still Life Art


Backyard Repose

18" by 24" original oil on gallery wrap canvas with 1 and a half inch sides painted

This piece has been a process that began with setting up the still life on my deck one day last spring when I brought home these flowers to give to a friend and couldn't resist photographing them for a future painting. Then one day, I worked on it using a palette knife and brush and almost completed it in one sitting. After more months of enjoying it in my studio and letting it speak to me, I added the finishing touches tonight. I had planned on beginning another piece but it spoke to me and said, NOW! I am learning that it is best to do as I am told. :-) Hope your weekend has been a good one. I have not posted these last few days as I have been finishing up some commissions and all kinds of other stuff! Have a great week!

No comments: